School: Holy Trinity Classical Christian School
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posted: 6 Jun 2019
Upper School Latin Teacher
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Family: Faculty
Typical Work Year: 10.5 mo.
Pay Program: Full-Time Salaried
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for full-time teaching in the Holy Trinity Upper School. While high school Latin is the anticipated primary subjects for instruction, additional periods including instruction in Classics or Bible can be anticipated depending on the needs of the school.
- Must be a committed Christian who is a member in good standing in a Christian church
- Must be wholeheartedly committed to the central and foundational beliefs and principles of the Christian faith reflected in the Holy Trinity Statement of Faith
- Must have a thorough understanding and support of the classical Christian approach to education as adopted by Holy Trinity
- Must relate to students by loving them with the love of Christ, encouraging them to develop a relationship with God through Christ, treating them with the dignity due them as creatures made in the image of God, and challenging them to serve God with all their heart, mind, and soul
- Must maintain high standards of personal, spiritual, and professional conduct
- Must be committed to professional growth; including reading, coursework, and seminar attendance
- Must be able to enthusiastically and competently implement the Holy Trinity curriculum
- Must be able to skillfully manage a classroom of varying academic skills and learning styles
- Must be able to promote and manage a high level of parental involvement
- Must agree to attend an approved classical conference within two years of being hired and at least once every three years following date of hire
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a college or university; need not have teacher certification, though it is desirable.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, though a Master’s Degree is preferred. Ideal candidates for the position bring at least two years of experience in teaching in an upper school classroom.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- CPR and First Aid certifications provided upon hire.
- TB tests provided upon hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Working conditions are normal for a school environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE: The Upper School Teacher will be under the direct supervision of the Headmaster. The employee will receive a yearly job review and performance appraisal.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please contact the Rev. Chad E. Lawrence, Headmaster, at email@example.com.