Thursday, Aug 01, 2019 – Friday, Aug 02, 2019
134 SCISA Drive
Orangeburg, SC 29118
Target Audience: The institute is designed for both new teachers and those who need to be re-energized! It was developed to train teachers in areas where they tend to be typically weak. Please note that we also recommend TI for teachers coming back into the teaching profession and/or those coming to independent schools from public schools. It is also a great refresher course for your veteran teachers.
- Session II - August 1 & 2, 2019
- Deadline – July 3rd
- $150 Per Person
- Sessions are limited to 20 participants each
Email your completed registration form to email@example.com
Or: Mail a check with your completed registration form to: SCISA - P.O. Drawer 690 - Orangeburg, South Carolina 29116
- On the first day all participants will be videotaped for 2-3 minutes. The focus and intention of this video is to see how you introduce your lesson, and to observe how you engage with your students.
- The Head of School is asked to have faculty manual and student handbook available for the teacher/s to bring with them on the first day of TI.
- Unique to SCISA’s institute will be case studies using the participants’ policy manual and handbook. These studies will insure a
working knowledge of the policies under which the teacher will be working.
- The two eight hour days will provide a more thorough orientation for teachers than schools can provide, and the cost is considerably less than most institutes.
- Classroom Discipline
- Classroom Procedures
- School Politics
- Co-curricular Activities
- Testing and Grading
- Communication with Parents
Should you need overnight accommodations, we recommend The Fairfield Inn by Marriott which is near SCISA and just off I-26, exit 145 – 663 Citadel Road - Orangeburg SC 29118 – (803) 533-0144. Ask for Jasmine Keller.
Please complete and return the registration form below:
Teacher Institute II561.49 KB